Monday, March 2, 2009

A confession of a shopaholic

Whoa... I just went back to ipoh during this weekend. and I'm soo happy managed to do so, since the last semester break, there's no chance for me to go back my hometown. missing my mom so much. she's been busy as usual as the work load is like forever to finish-she told me. hmm, so we really want to spend time together and enjoy the splendid mom-daughter shopping spree.weee!! The next day, we had planned to go shopping at Ipoh parade and the first place I want to go before others is the Popular bookstore. huhu..for the reason you know...is because it's the book-time..hmm forget to mention you this; for me, every early of a month is a book-shopping time..it's a custom in my family to allocate some cash to buy books. huhu...voila,..I'm so in the mood at that time. It supposed to be tomorrow but then again, i had to go back to shah alam after the dawn..(really mean it, you can check my ticket).

it's a catch-my nerve feeling as I entered the bookstore..I've choosen few titles (after skimming and screening) to hunt. The most wanted was Darren Shan Saga Vampire( he also famous with Demonata),..craving for the entire series-12 series of that spooky books. Blame my friend on this..he made me so attached with the series. huhu..reafing that thing somehow make me wish to be vampire @ at least share the same abilities; vampire's eye's, longevity, super speed action, bla..bla..bla.. Okey, back to the story, I rushed into big crowded hall, Love the smell inside..it's the paper and books air..so fresh. Browsing somewhere there and..finally GOTCHA...got it, the whole set of the vampire series..wasting no time, I grabbed all of them together from the bookshelf..(without looking at the price;like I care) hmmm, so yummy and tasty.. wanna eat them..yum..yum..yum.

Then, I sit on the floor, stare at those.. flip over few pages to get to know the continuation of each series..(reading actually to be right). Only then just I looked over the price at the back, Rm 26.90 each. what a heck! for the novel less than 100 pages with that price? did they stick the wrong price on it?? OMG, that freind of mine happily got those 3 books which costed him RM 5 each!! Haih, it was during promotion i knew it, but never crossed in my box it will be such expensive. Do the math, if I take all the 12 series..guess how much should I pay at the counter.. have to dig more than RM 300 in mom's pocket..over the budget, babe...

I was sulky...felt like want to rob this store and take away everything....Hmm (I'm half blooded, devil-angle trait) So, i put them back on the shelf (mom catch her eyes on me but say nothing), looking for other series. luckily, the lucky lady by my side, I've found a trilogy of the same series..RM 39.90 and it was the last book on the top shelf. It 's sound better, less burdening.. relief.. So thanks god i found it..and the other books I wanted too.. Around 4-ish, I went to the counter to pay those 3 excluded mom's.. Phew...I'm not over my budget. Having these new books is a satisfaction for me.like having a daughter... love life like this..







~my daughters~








So...above all, just want to tell you I'm the luckiest girl to have mom like her...like she's the best, For one thing I shall remember, don't be stingy to buy books, and for me..to have a mass collection of books is always a dream...giving me a sentimental value that people just son't understand. Hey, I've got a friend said it rather shop on apparel rather than books, if it want to read books, just borrow them. hmm, okay, it's it philosophy, even I just don't get it how on earth it would think like that, telling it's not worth to waste notes on books. what about you? same paradigm??? I wonder

4 comments:

HNKIECRSH said...

well as for me, apparel wins. :p
of course, books are more important though.
but to think that on earth itself we have
the term BORROW, so i don
really bother to buy.

just go to ariffudin's room and borrow
his novels! done!
ahahaha. :D

ariff dean said...

gue la kan, gue pon rather beli buku dr shopping baju, usha lah camna gue dressing, dh bleh agak dh kan?

ahahahaha, suma salah sai kan?
tau je kes2 suma nk jd vampire burok neh

Reika said...

to hunky,
ish..mamat tu mesti baca buku alaf 21.huhu... he has that look..

to dean,
hmmm, actually kalu bkn sai pun, dean ke sapa2 ke yg ada buku tu.. memang tikah melekat la.. coz buku tu pasal vampire..

nak tau tak...dalam 5, 6 bulan nih tetiba je buku yg tikah beli n baca sumanyer pasal vampire..tajuk n cover tak cm vampire
mla2 twilight, pastu the society of 'S' , pastu Cerque du freak. hmmm,ada jodoh kot ngan vampire...

ariff dean said...

hoih!
bla plak aku baca alaf 21?!
n boi gak, meminjam je keja
naseb baek ko slalu dtg bilik aku bg makanan eheh XD

tape, nnti tikah kawen jela ngan vampire ehh? XD