Tuesday, June 16, 2009

floating on the mid littlehood times

Laying there on the comfy couch, with an empty silence in the finite room, the old vision of the childhood memory flying through my mind…once again. I won the parents lottery ticket. My parents colour the canvas of my life by providing a life as a normal kids…and I’m thankful for that. Living with boys in the same full house is a nil excuse to be like a dead fish and helpless. You have to be as the same level with them no matter what. I’ve grown as a sturdy, tough little girl but… with dazzling feminine touch inside.

We played girls and boys game together as I could remember, but then again….when it came to fighting, it was the real combat with zero mercy… bet it was. I rather announced it as war. Shielded with mops, brooms, hangers and cane, mostly the battles were always between me and my angah, which I used to call him the monstrous lion. He was so fierce and mean to me..and I hated him more than anything. In the ‘war’ time, we were like wild reptiles escaped from Africa. Only a person can tame us down if mother not around…the big brother aka my along. He’s like a king of the jungle and everyone respects and obeys his very words. We’re able to settle in peace after exchanging cursing words (because of the rules, we’re prohibited to speak dirty words like ‘ba**, ‘bangang’, etc. so, it was just trash)and kept in prison in each rooms. Around the age of 7 and 10..it was the dark age of parenting I guess….kids really make you out of sanity right..by giving hard time. Oh my, I have no idea how did mother handled us…it must be madly crazy..like she’s lucky not to go to therapist. Well, things only turn upside down in the combat hour, most of the period…everything was okay and on the system.


My parents embedded the right education system for us. In educating children, they believe it is God to be the first, then the world. Inserting the spiritual element is important to get to know Allah and the prophets by learning and practicing Quran at the young age to toddlers. It’s all perfectly synchronized between spiritual element and the worldly knowledge to us. Our family is quite religious….from my point of view. But the both family from my mom and my dad is the traditional type of family which literary means none of these members are religious men in sense. So, it was just us…until now and believe me, it’s bizarre scenery to look a girl at the age of 6 wearing veil in the village. It’s freaky and alien sight for those civilians with the taboo mind. The feeling…don’t ask..i nearly want to take it off..seriously…but mom’ll kill me if I ever did that.


Still clear in my mind, it’s a must for us to perform congregational prayer together before rush out for play time and no excuse for that. We weren’t allowed to rebel in the house but rules…hehehe…we need sparks of life once in a while, and by breaking rules sometimes…was terrific. Another thing I remember is we did had a mini library in the living room.Hmm…. What to expect if your mother is a teacher…she always planned everything….anything to do about education, she’s the top. Mom, she’s strictly strict but her words are philosophical...and sometimes it got you slapped on the face. Daddy is an angel of my life with a blue uniform on. He’s not originally a pious captain in the family but he’s learning it time to time. One thing I learned most from daddy is to be humble in everything. Daddy said the purpose of sending us to Islamic school is to teach him about islam as by this way he’ll improvise. This guy was never ashamed to admit that. He sometimes asked anyone among us to check out his Quran recitation and never in my life I’d ever meet a guy with such humbleness. His legacy to us will always be remembered. Owh daddy, you always live in my heart...the spirit will roar ddep here...forever.

Taking a glance at those times, I know how much I miss my life as a toddler. Everything is prepared for you, life is a simple dice throw like 123, we get whatever we want when sob into tears. There’s nothing much to worry about on life in present or future…the elders always thought it first for us without being asked. Life as a teenager is very challenging and for that reason too, I feel content.......

No comments: