Thursday, March 11, 2010

the death of Sayyid Tantawi


Death of Grand Imam Mohamed Sayyid Tantawi



Hillary Rodham Clinton
Secretary of State
Washington, DC
March 10, 2010

I was saddened today to learn of the passing of Grand Imam Mohamed Sayyid Tantawi, the head of al-Azhar University in Cairo. Imam Tantawi was a highly respected cleric and the leader of one of the most important institutions of Islamic learning in the world. As President Obama said in Cairo last summer, Al-Azhar has stood as a beacon of Islamic learning for over a thousand years, and it continues to play a dynamic role today. Imam Tantawi was an important voice for dialogue among religions and communities. Under his leadership, the university co-hosted the President’s speech laying out a vision for a “New Beginning” between the United States and Muslim communities around the world. And Americans will always remember Imam Tantawi for his condemnations of violence after the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, when he said: “It's not courage in any way to kill an innocent person.” We offer our condolences to the Imam’s family and friends today, as well as his many students in Egypt and in Muslim communities throughout the world.


http://www.state.gov/secretary/rm/2010/03/138216.htm
this is the link where I got the news.....I simply can't write much more for now. This terribly shock news is can hardly believe. my hands was trembling, and I can feel tear glands full of the crystal clear of my tears...ready to shed like a sorrow rainfall.. Our honor ulama....had just gone....to meet the one lover-ALLAH..... He is...He was the prominent modern ulama' for this age...the top sunni ulama just left us...in this dark world...I can't stop crying hard after receiving the news...at first I just don't believe it, pretend it was rumors.....sadly it's not...He's not my father, nor my grandpa, not genetically related but this man, is the special one. I never shed tears any hard like this.....He is like our father holding the umbrella to protect us from evilness and his care is only for muslim brotherhood. I am not the right person to tell you everything about him...I'm just a mere the follower....and his works ...writing and personal view about life and everything, his bravery in telling the truth despite criticism...I just admire all his courage in spreading the true light about islam.... now he gone at the age 81, farewell world......~al-fatihah~

Maybe some of you want to know him better...i recommend GOOGLE for you...You'll get one..huuhu

No comments: